Page by khorben on 28/10/2010 02:49:35
Four major componentsDeforaOS is comprised of a number of distinct parts, with the purpose of integrating them together eventually. These parts do not have higher or lower priority for focus or completion. However, their respective sub-components often have interdependencies, or otherwise varying importance levels for focus. This means that even when listed in decreasing priority, their actual order is not always set in stone anyway.
Handling task lists and bug reportsThese respective tasks could as well be maintained as a TODO-list, or of course, as a list of distinct bug reports. It was decided to keep the number of bug reports minimal for the following reasons:
- too many bug reports do not easily allow for a coherent view of the design of the complete system, as technical issues are mixed with conceptual ideas;
- these conceptual ideas cannot easily be prioritized individually in the first place;
- the concepts and design of the system evolve regularly, as development goes and new ideas and challenges arise from interaction with users, developers, and relevant state of the art.
Providing documentationMore and better documentation must be provided of course. It should cover at least these areas:
- user manuals,
- architecture of the system and its components,
- set of rules for the project and its members,
- coding guides and guidelines.